A random bug and an memory error in WPMu 2.7.1

Update: The following error was caused by wp-cache.php. I disabled the file and WP-Super-Cache for the moment, and we’ll see if an upgrade of WP-Super-Cache doesn’t solve this error.

Every user that is not an admin on UMW Blogs seemed to be getting the following error in the header of the administrative backend:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/umwblogs/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 3169

It was highly annoying for me because I didn’t know how to fix it. But thanks to my main man Zach Davis, it is now fixed hidden by adding the following line of code after line 3169 in the wp-admin/includes/template.php, still working on a fix:

if(!is_array($actions)) $actions = array();

The other error I ran into today was related to a PHP allowed memory size within the adminstrative backend of the http://tags.umwblogs.org site (which is the place where every post in UMW Blogs is being republished using Donncha’s Sitewide Tags Pages plugin). Specifically, whenever I hit quickedit on a post in the backend, I would get this error where the categories and other metadata would show up, and when I clicked edit, the post text data would not show up at all.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524286 bytes) in /home/umwblogs/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 419

The blog is huge, with thousands and thousands of posts, and I have a sneaking suspicion it is bursting at the seams. We have to find another way to archive and store this stuff once it reaches over 20 or 30,000 posts :) In the mean time we upped the memory quota, but this is a shot-term fix— I think a long term solution might be something we may have to think through. Anyone have any ideas?

This entry was posted in , bugs, wordpress multi-user, wpmu, wpmu development, wpmued. Bookmark the permalink.