WPMu Privacy Options and Sitewide Feeds-a question…

I’m in the process of writing up the syndication hub we got up and running on UMW Blogs, and I think it is as close as we’ve come to the mythical Eduglu. In getting my thoughts together to give a detailed overview of our setup a question has come up that I was wondering if anyone might have an idea or two about.

Image of More Privacy Options plugin interface

Here’s the deal, we are using DSader’s More Privacy Options plugin so that people can have more granular control over who sees their blog posts. One thing I have noticed is that when users choose to keep their blog open, but want to hide it from search engines, their posts no longer aggregate into the tags blog powered by Donncha’s Sitwewide Tags Pages plugin. This is creating a few difficulties when syndicating sitewide tags and categories for everyone on the site.

So, in short, is there a way to have the posts that are not indexed by Google still be re-published in this tags blogs? I figure it isn’t creating an issue in regards to privacy, because the tags blog can’t be searched by Google either, so folks who choose that setting will still have the same level of anonymity. Any ideas for me to test out?

This entry was posted in , eduglu, feed, feeds, Plugin, plugins, sitewide tags, syndicating, syndication, UMW Blogs, umwblogs, wordpress multi-user, wpmu, wpmu development. Bookmark the permalink.