Embedding iFrames on WPMu

While text encoding is proving hellacious for me with WPMu, embedding iframes has never been easier (keep in mind there are risks involved, so think before you drink!). I found a pretty cool plugin for WPMu (there is also one for a single WP install, so don’t get confused), Google Maps Quicktag, that is specifically designed for embedding a Google Maps iframe into WPMu. But, as it happens, it works with just about any iframe making it not so Google Maps centric. For example, the bava is now running this plugin and the ability to embed Flickr photosets is once again a possibility.

I blogged this feature over at UMW Blogs here, but I’ll reproduce that post below to give you a quick how-to featuring my favorite photo set on Flickr (with thanks to Chris Lott for the link).

Did you know you can embed a Flickr Slideshow on your UMW Blog? Below is an example, along with a quick how-to:

It’s a three step process assuming you already have a set on Flickr you want to embed:

1) Copy the full URL of the photo set on Flickr and then paste it into the flickrSLiDR application found here. After that, click on the create SlideShow button and copy the code generated (which will be an iframe).

2) Then go to your UMW Blog and activate the Google Maps plugin which will allow embedding iframes on your blog.

3) Finally, create a new post, and paste the code generated by flickrSLiDR into the Code tab of the text editor (not the Visual tab) and your slideshow should appear magically ;)

Share This

This entry was posted in , wpmu, wpmu development. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Embedding iFrames on WPMu

1. Pingback: Free Live Chat for Multi-User Wordpress MU + WPMu IFrame Issue | The Chatroll Blog